During the Summer months Minakami's Joshinetsu National Park (second largest in Japan) provides the perfect field for a large range of world class outdoor adventures.
Canyons team of internationally qualified professional instructors/guides have experience and expertise in a wide range of adventure sports. This allows us great flexibility to create customized programs to suit the needs of various groups.
The Canyons run Alpine Lodge provides the ideal base camp. Space to chill, exercise and be energetic or recover for the next adventure! Combined with our sister lodge 300m up the road, we can accommodate groups of up to 100 people.
Groups can choose activities from our standard menu or we can work with your group to create a customized solution.
- An abundance of natrual resources; mountains, lakes, rivers, canyons, forests and wildlife.
- Large variety of world class adventure activities.
- Easy access from Tokyo and airport (under 3 hours)
- Plenty of historical and cultural attractions and activities.
Standard Adventure Menu
- Whitewater rafting
- Rock climbing
- Mountain biking
- Lake canoe & kayak
- Bungy jumping
- Hiking (sinlge or multi day)
Examples of customized programs:
- Raft building (team building)
- River skills clinic
- Technical rope work and abseiling clinic
- Orienteering and map skills
- Outdoor cooking
- Adventure race
Please contact us for further information or enquiries about Summer outdoor education.